I tried making a new "Page" and it turns out that a page ad a post are two different and separate things. So the new page is labeled Solar Eclipse 2017 .
Click here to go see the new page /post.
Every now and then I take a picture that rocks. It doesn't happen often. Quite often I have to overlook a flaw and just be satisfied with what I like about the picture. This is one such shot. It has everything I was looking for anytime I'm taking pictures of family. There's expression, joy, emotion and spontaneity. That is one of the best looks I have ever gotten from any small child. Yet, there is also a serious flaw. The shot is out of focus and grainy (noisy in digital photography speak). With this picture I finally learned my lesson about using a manual focus lens to take pictures of a fast moving small child.
I have decided to start fresh with this space Google has provided for me. I take a lot of digital pictures. I am not a Pro photographer. I don't pretend that I could ever make a dime taking pictures. But I walk, drive, ride around every chance I get taking pictures of things that I might find interesting. I'm going to post them on Google+ and here as an album or albums depending on how well I can figure out how to work Google's toolkit. Hopefully I can get some feedback on the relative worth of my stuff which could lead to making me a better picture taker. Every summer I try to get shots of these moths attracted to the flowers in my wife's garden. They are fast and as agile as a hummingbird which makes it hard to get a good picture of one. This old girl spun a web in one of our barberry bushes. If I could have gotten the background in focus she would have been nearly invisible.
A cold swim below Cucumber Falls This waterfall is within an easy drive from my house. Flowing water makes for good long exposure photos. As I was framing up this shot and fiddling with my settings the young man you see in the water came scrambling across the rocks and politely asked if I would mind if he went for a swim. I said, no, not as long as you don't mind me taking a picture of you suffering in the water. He said no he did not mind and there's the photo. As someone that has swam in a mountain stream in early spring I can defiantly say this young fellow is learning the true meaning of a cold, cold bath. Also, I want to credit Pieter Bruegel’s painting, Landscape With The Fall Of Icarus as an inspiration for the framing of this photo. A Cold Swim Below Cucumber Falls_A7R1764 Another view of the Falls from a slightly different angle. Cucumber Falls, Rocks, Trees, and Rhododendron Leaves_A7R1776
Comments